Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Project Update: All your base are belong to us

Yeah, yeah. I know. I've been mostly MIA for the last week or so. To make it up to you, I'll have a whole slew of updates coming in over the next couple of weeks. They will probably start this weekend, as the rest of my week is pretty full, but there should be pictures for all.

Yesterday I received in the mail my first order from Ironhalo.net. I have ordered a series of resin bases for both my Space Marine army and the Imperial Guard army I will be using for fantasy. First things first, I will be re-basing the Space Marines. I didn't get bases for all the models, just the most-used (and painted) ones for now so there will definitely be some improvement in the future. Here is what is getting based for the Space Marines:

  • 2 Dreadnoughts
  • 1 ForgeWorld Venerable Dark Angels Dreadnought
  • 1 Ironclad Dreadnought
  • 1 Sammael on Jetbike
  • 1 Grand Master of the Deathwing
  • 1 Grey Knight Hero
  • 1 Deathwing Librarian
  • 1 Deathwing Interrogator Chaplain
  • 6 Deathwing Terminator Squads
  • 2 Tactical Squads
  • 1 Chapter Master Azrael
  • 1 Chief Librarian Ezekiel

I also ordered a small amount of square bases to start up the Imperial Guard army, so you should see those beginning to take shape soon. Here is what I'm working on for those guys at a slow pace:

  • Primaris Psyker (Wizard Lord)
  • Vox-Caster (Handgunner Musician)
  • Sergeant (Handgunner Champion)
  • 8 Lasgunners (Handgunners)

After I get these guys finished, I will move on to getting more models added tot he army. I'm going to take it slow, and I'll be getting a lot of stuff shipped to me from overseas for the project (ForgeWorld models for the artillery and resin bases for the whole army). My goal tonight is to get all the resin bases cleaned and primed. It looks like they were cast without the use of sprues, and the detail is great, so I shouldn't have to waste any time fixing the surface other than basic soap-and-water washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...